Sunday, March 1, 2009

Away at Half Moon Bay


Lonny and I decided to head out to Half Moon Bay for a Saturday. I wanted to show him the Ritz Carlton as it was the place my girlfriends and I stayed before my baby shower. It's such a beautiful place. Well...we decided while we were there to see if they had any good rates...which they really did...great rates...so we decided...what the heck...let's stay the night. We had enough formula and diapers to last us so we got a room pictured here with a fire pit on the terrace that overlooked the 18th hole, cliffs, beach, and ocean.
We arrived at the hotel around 1 pm and had lunch there (at this time we weren't planning on staying.
We had lunch and went out on their main terrace that overlooked the ocean. We met a couple who live in San Francisco but are from Pittsburgh, PA so as you can imagine Lonny and the gentleman started to talk Steelers. The guy was so excited to meet us he gave Lonny a cigar. They bought me a hot chocolate. They served the best darn hot chocolate I've ever had (YES, EVER HAD) in my life. I had milk chocolate hot chocolate with real shavings of chocolate. Later that night Lonny got one too but with coconut, whipped cream and chocolate shavings. It was way rich. Any advantages I got from working out that day were certainly erased and then some.
They have a great beach at the hotel. I enjoyed it was it was closed to the public but they allowed dogs. There was a beautiful bridge and small water fall that lead into the ocean.
This was Sophia's first trip to the beach...she like it! I'm sure. The hotel had a crib for us so it worked out perfectly. She slept which allowed us to really enjoy a romantic evening on the terrace together.
It was such a great on the whim get away that I think we both needed.











1 comment:

The Kleins said...

Oh! Livin' the good life...

It's a Beautiful Life

It's a Beautiful Life

Location of friends who read the Attebery Blog