Here's Sophia hanging out in her Papasan. I think she likes it and it's handy for us so we can put her in it when we need to eat or do something around the house.Today, Sophia and I went to Sushi for lunch with a friend. I still cannot eat raw fish as I'm feeding her breast milk but I did have a yummy lunch.
We've taken her out a few times with us for lunch or dinner and she's been real good!
Next week we are traveling to Idaho to see Grandma, Grandpa, Aunts, Uncles, and Cousins. That should be an adventure for us.
Today, I had a scare. I was feeding her via bottle and she choked and couldn't breath for a while. Eventhough Lonny and I went to Infant CPR class I panicked. I patted her on her back to try to help her out...eventually she caught her breath...but I freaked me out so much I started to cry. Have other mom's gone through this?

2 comments:
I am amazed any children make it to adulthood with as many close calls as they have had over the years. Choking was a HUGE fear for me--just wait until you start solids!
At this point you did exactly what you're supposed to. Pat the back and make her cry if you can--that helps get the fluid cleared out.
Yes, we all feel that way. And even though I'm a nurse, first I am the mom and it's scary when it's yours. Just remember to let them try to clear it out themselves for a few seconds and then,if it looks like they can't, be sure to pick them up and turn her upside down to help her clear it out. That was gravity is on your side. You did great! She is so cute.
Love, Debbie
Post a Comment