Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Okay...I've got to write quick before Sophia wakes up!

This weeks been pretty good I think considering it's Sophia's 2nd week since birth. Oh, by the way, I guess I keep forgetting to let everyone know her birth weight and length...it was 7 lbs 15 oz and she measured 20.5 inches long.

Mom and Mick left on Monday. It was hard to see them go. I so understand why it's so important to live close to family. I would love for Sophia to live close to her grandparents, uncles, aunts, and cousins. Maybe someday.

Here are some pictures that we took this week. The top is her getting ready for a new diaper. You can tell by the blur that she's moving her feet like crazy...which makes it interesting to try to get a diaper on her.

Lonny and I took her on a walk around the block. That's all I could walk before getting into too much pain. My friend Luisa made the hat and blanket here. So cute!




Sophia stretching and one of her many facial expressions. She's just getting ready to wake up here.



This made me cry...Grandma was reading to her. It was so precious to watch. You can see she is actually listening here! She loved cuddling with Grandma while she was here.


Lonny looks like he's sleeping but he's just "resting his eyes" while Sophia sleeps next to him...cute picture.
Lonny and I are handling the sleep pretty well I think. We just need to redefine what good sleep is...no longer the 8 hours of uninterrupted sleep. Now if we get in a solid 3 hours...maybe 4 with a nap or two in between...then that is great sleep! The last few nights I've gone to bed around 9 pm while Lonny stays up with her til 11 pm or midnight and brings her to bed. If she's asleep then I get to sleep. If she's not then I wake up until we can put her to sleep. I've been pretty lucky lately where she wakes up at 1 am. I change her, feed her, cuddle with her and put her to bed around 2 am. Then she might wake up around 5 am and I do the same...then if we're lucky she'll sleep til 7 am ish.
Well, since I started writing this blog, she's woken up and I'm now typing with one hand. So I had better go!


1 comment:

Krista said...

Congrats! These are the cutest pictures!

It's a Beautiful Life

It's a Beautiful Life

Location of friends who read the Attebery Blog