Friday, January 16, 2009

The Day Before

Well, it's the day before I go into the hospital to be induced. Yesterday and so far today I haven't been anxious/nervous like I was on Friday but let's see how that plays out later today and tomorrow morning.

The house is ready (I think) for baby Sophia's arrival. We have the play pen bassinet at the end of our bed, newborn clothes washed, baby bottles washed (in case she doesn't want to latch on), blankets washed...what else?

Even though we took many classes at the hospital, I'm finding myself forgetful...like when is it safe to hand wash the baby? How do I swaddle her?

I'm also thinking that I should get an epi. I've been having major contractions the past two days and if it's THAT PAINFUL I just don't know if I want to go through the pain of labor when I don't have to.

Lonny is going through a little anxiety. He's been walking around a little like a deer in headlights and stressed out. I'm teasing his saying I should be the one going through the emotions. But, it's cute. He's so excited for Sophia to be here and to be a dad. He'll be a good dad.

Today, is my first day off work. So I'm going to go to Target for some last minute stuff, wash the car, go grocery shopping but then just take it easy. Lonny's working so it's kind of nice to just be by myself and get mentally prepared. Tonight we are going to a nice dinner to just be with each other and celebrate our new life together.

Pray for us to have a good labor and delivery and that Sophia comes into this world healthy!

3 comments:

Krista said...

You are certainly in our thoughts & prayers! We can't wait to see pictures. What a weekend you will have!

Wallace said...

We are thinking of you today and praying all is well. We are so excited too! Can't wait to see her.
Wallace and Debbie

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! All of us in Montana are very excited for you. We are looking forward to seeing pictures and the three of you when you do your road trip. Hope Toni and Sophia are resting well. Lots of Love.

It's a Beautiful Life

It's a Beautiful Life

Location of friends who read the Attebery Blog