Sunday, January 11, 2009

Can't Sleep so I guess I'll write

It's 2:45 am Sunday morning and I can't sleep...which is becoming a normal pattern for me. I'm bored...bored...bored so I thought I'd just blog.

Friday evening and Saturday, Sophia was moving a lot and I was having a lot of contractions. The contractions weren't consistent so I knew I wasn't in labor. BUT, I can tell my body is changing and getting ready for the real thing.

Yesterday, I decided to get all pretty and got my nails and hair done...gotta look good for delivery! I cruised around in the hot red convertable Z blasting the radio...it felt good!

Last night, Lonny and I went to our neighbors birthday party who was celebrating his 33rd. It was a nice party and the weather was warm enough to sit outside next to his fire pit. It was nice hanging out.

I can't believe I am 11 days from my due date. The last few days have been a little somber as I'm thinking of the stages of my life wondering: Wow, my life is going to change and reflecting the past 38 years (or as long as I can remember) that got me to where I am today. And, how will my life be when Sophia's here. Will I have the patience? Will I be a good mom? How will my marriage change? How will Lonny and I be as parents and as husband and wife. So pretty deep questions that I know will all be good but it's just thoughts going through my head...a little overwhelming. I wonder if that is normal? I'm sure it is.

Well I only have 2 big things to finish for work...which should be done Monday or Tuesday then I really don't need to be at work...of course if she comes before then, those 2 things don't matter. I'm looking forward to not working and spending time starting my new chapter in life.

I guess I should try to go back to sleep.

No comments:

It's a Beautiful Life

It's a Beautiful Life

Location of friends who read the Attebery Blog