Friday, January 23, 2009

Lonny's sister came to see Sophia. The below picture is of Lonny and Sophia.
Sophia's 2nd day born.
Since I had a C Section we were in the hospital until 10:30 am on Thursday (5.5 days). Needless to say I was SO HAPPY to go home. I was really tired of nurses, doctors, hospital workers coming into our room at any given moment day or night proding and poking. Sunday night we got no sleep (again because Lonny and I were worried if she was breathing). Monday no sleep as nurses kept coming in. Around 1 am I asked the nurse if Sophia could go to the nursery to be baby sat so we could get some sleep. Lonny slept for 5 nights in a chair that converted into a small bed. He was such a trooper. Since I had a c-section, the first few days it was hard for me to get around so he was the parent...feeding her, changing her, etc....He has been so good. One night I caught him humming The Star Spangled Banner to her to go to sleep. He is so lovey dovey to her. So adorable. He is so in ah of her and loves being a dad.

I was released on Thursday morning. We were absolutely exhausted as we didn't get any sleep the night before at the hospital. Grandma and Grandpa Boyd (Toni's parents) arrived a few hours after we got home. Lonny and I quickly became on the "back burner" as Sophia is the "light of their life" now!
Thursday night sleep was much better as it was in our own house. Sophia woke up only 3 times to eat and she went right back to sleep. I felt like a million bucks when I woke this morning.
Today was Sophia's first doctor's appointment. The doctor says she's perfectly healthy. She has blue eyes, blondish reddish hair, and great color. We can't stop from starring at her ALL DAY LONG...for hours and hours and hours. Grandma and Grandpa can't help it either. We've all fallen in love.




Grandpa Boyd just loving Sophia.






Sophia took her first bath today! As you can tell...she really was pissed off at us.

No comments:

It's a Beautiful Life

It's a Beautiful Life

Location of friends who read the Attebery Blog