Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Family Visit to MT

Earlier this month we visited Lonny's side of the family in Missoula, MT.  I had a business trip just before the trip so I flew into MT while Lonny had a 8 hour drive with Sophia to Missoula.  He said she was pretty good for him (thanks to DVD's and snacks).  

The above picture is of his cousin Nathan.  He is hilarious (can you tell?).  He's very witty and can make anyone laugh. 
Sophia is hanging with her Great Grandma and Grandpa.  Lonny and his grandpa lost touch for many years and no one really knows why.  It was mainly around Lonny's childhood.  Lonny researched and got in contact with his grandpa via phone around 2003 or 2004.  Then one day while we were living in California and having our Saturday breakfast his grandpa called.  He said, "let's go for coffee".  That was a surprise for Lonny as his grandpa lived in MT.  What was he doing in CA?  Well, he was visiting friends and family.  So 20 minutes later, Lonny met up with his grandpa in person which was the first time in probably 20 years.   We've made sure we didn't lose touch again.   His grandpa is my socialite himself.  He gets more phone calls on his cell in a given day than I do.  Always talking to friends and family.  He's 84!

Grandma is native American.  I always like to listen to her talk about her culture.  There's no warming up for Sophia with grandma.  She's instantly her bud.   Grandma always has plenty of food around (she wants to get me fat, I'm sure of that!). 
 
The picture isn't so great.  I'm with Lonny's Aunt Ruby.  Ruby is a lot of fun to be around.  I hadn't seen her in 2 1/2 years and within 5 minutes she asked if I wanted to go shopping with her...hello...how can I refuse.  We went costume shopping.  Her and her husband are going out with friends the weekend before Halloween as Flappers and Gangsters.  How fun.  She'll look adorable!
Aunt Ruby's got her hands full with the three Men/Boys in her life.  David (Sr - the dad), David Jr (being roughed by his brother), and Nathan (yeah, the comic).  They are a great family with very strong values. 
Grandparents are the best.  I sure do miss mine.  I just love his smile!  I really enjoy hanging out with him.

Cousin David was playing with Sophia and she was having so much fun with him! 

Posted by Picasa

No comments:

It's a Beautiful Life

It's a Beautiful Life

Location of friends who read the Attebery Blog