Monday, October 17, 2011

Decorating

I've never been great decorating the house for the different holidays or seasons.  I remember with exception for Chistmas my mom wasn't either. 

However, I do remember for Halloween Mom would decorate with tissue paper pumpkins all around the house.  I tried to find those this year as I just wanted to keep the tradition for Sophia, but I searched everywhere and couldn't find them.

So then after checking at Target, Shopko and Michaels, I decided to decorate a little more classy and something that can cover both Halloween and Thanksgiving.  It's a little subdued but I really like it.

The painting in the background has a special meaning.  Yes, most important, it's a painting taken right after our wedding in Portland Oregon.  My maid of honor, Marcella, took a picture and had the picture painted.  The artist did an amazing job.  I just love it so much.
Here's how it looks in the dark.  I love candles at night...especially in the fall.  It makes a home feel cozy!
 
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

It's a Beautiful Life

It's a Beautiful Life

Location of friends who read the Attebery Blog