Friday, December 5, 2008

I had better get serious

I can't believe I only have around 48 days until my due date...and who knows if Sophia will come early or later.

I was looking at our other blog posts throughout the year to reminisce of our activities this past year and I just can't believe how fast time has flown by. It just feels like yesterday....

SO that got me to thinking...I gotta start crackin' and getting to work! I have so many things to accomplish before little Sophia is born...both at work and at home. I haven't felt the "nesting urge" yet that they say pregnant women feel...but I think it might be coming soon. It had better!

AUGH...how to get it all done. Just imagine what it's going to be like with a child!!!!!

I have so much respect for women...of course I always have...but being pregnant I have a new sense of respect. My pregnancy has been easy (knock on wood). I couldn't even imagine having twins or more. I'm in pain but boy...those women who have had multiples...God bless you! (Lorna Kay and Krista). Plus, let alone to raise them. I'm sure it is/was a handful.

I'm so excited to be a mom. I can't wait to meet Sophia who is someone that Lonny and I created. She'll have some of me and some of Lonny...what an amazing miracle. Believe it or not...I think I'm ready to have another baby and Sophia isn't even born. I think Lonny is too (after he gets over being stressed out on how we'd financially support another one).

We have one more Lamaze class to go. Next week we are going to an Infant CPR class and I think a childcare class. We took a tour of the hospital on Monday. The rooms are okay...could be better but honestly I probably won't care once I'm into labor.

Well I had better go. Lonny and I are going to a comedy club tonight to see Tony Rock (Chris Rock's brother). I'll let you know how it was!

2 comments:

The Kleins said...

Oh. It's so nice to hear your thoughts on impending parenthood. Those of us who have been in it for a while forget what it was like sometimes.

I love that you guys are learning all you can and preparing as much as possible so that you can be not only good parents but GREAT parents. I can't believe the number of people I see at my job who have not been to a single class and have no idea what labor entails. I'll never forget my first day at work and one of my patients said that her doctor told her she didn't need to take childbirth prep classes because she was going to get an epidural anyway. Seriously?!

Good luck with the last month, enjoy every kick (and bladder punch), it won't be much longer.

3 J's and 2 K's plus 1 Mom said...

Toni--
I made it through day by day and on same days minute by minute. I look back and my most fondest memories are those early years when I was so exhausted that I had to have a nap every afternoon with the boys. I wish I had spent more time embracing every minute. Life is going to happen, you can fight it or you can embrace it. I choose to embrace it. The things I wished I had known 23 years ago!

Love you,
Lorna Kay

It's a Beautiful Life

It's a Beautiful Life

Location of friends who read the Attebery Blog