Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Niagra Falls of the West - Shoshone Falls

We've had so much snowfall this winter that the rivers and lakes are swelling. Grandpa had a great idea to visit the Shosone Falls outside of Twin Falls.

I have been to the falls so many times throughout my life. I have never seen so much water go over the falls. The falls are over 212 feet tall which people say they are taller than the Niagra Falls.



Grandpa Mick, Aunt Kris, and Sophia are getting drenched with the mist from the falls.



You can see the mist from the falls.

We really needed umbrella's or raincoats like spectators at Niagra Falls.

Copy this link onto your website for more information on the Shosone Falls.
http://visit.idaho.gov/thingstodo/view-attraction.aspx?id=30839

I actually have this amazingly beautiful picture of the falls in my dining room. The falls around Twin Falls has near and dear place in my heart as my Hutton side of my family lived by the falls as my grandpa Hutton worked for Idaho Power in the powerplants that were powered by the various falls. I just love this area of Idaho.

No comments:

It's a Beautiful Life

It's a Beautiful Life

Location of friends who read the Attebery Blog