Sometimes on Sunday morning I watch Joel Osteen. Today his sermon was around "Bloom Where You're Planted". Basically it's around live life positively no matter your circumstances. Don't let others bring you down, etc.
This message was especially good for me to hear today as we're going through very difficult times at work. My client, Safeway had decided to change (or perhaps, end) our relationship. The partnership is changing in the fact that we will no longer reside and work inside of the Safeway offices. Instead my company will have an office near Safeway campus and continue to call on Safeway. Without going into a lot of complicated details, I can explain that we have over 85 people on our team. Our new office/team will be significantly smaller so many of the 85 associates will be no longer work with us. So we need to help them transition their careers by either transferring with our company to other locations or outside of our organization.
It's difficult to go through this process especially when Safeway thinks we've done an outstanding job being their partner. So outstanding that they felt threatened and felt as if they should have the competencies that we bring owned internally.
So, I've gone through many emotions - Anger, Depression, Sadness, Courage, Pride...you name it. What Joel Osteens message meant to me today is that I shouldn't let how individuals at Safeway are handling the situation get to me but look forward to the great opportunities that lie ahead for individuals of our team, for me, for my family, and for our team.
Earlier this week we had to announce the changes to our team. It was so hard to see people deal with it as we had many people cry and tear up. Alot of people angry (not at our company but at the decision of Safeway). Alot of people scared if they'll be unemployed. I hadn't worked out in about 5 days and I've ate horribly!
Today, I decided that I needed to take control again of my mental and physical state so that I will be strong through this difficult time. So, I got back on the treadmill and walked for an hour this morning before Lonny and Sophia woke up. I'm going to eat healthy today. Lonny, Sophia and I are going on a very long walk. One thing I can control is my health. If I'm healthy I'll have a keen mind and feel positive about myself! So, I'm ready to tackle this life challenge and looking forward to all of my learning's.
I'm very thankful for God, my family, and my friends.

No comments:
Post a Comment