Sunday, July 13, 2008

Avon Walk for the Cure of Breast Cancer


A friend and co-worker, Nancy Artinyan walked the San Francisco Avon Walk for the Cure of Cancer this weekend. She walked in honor of her mom, friend, and my mom (Diane Boyd).
This is a great 26 mile or 39 mile walk (whichever the walker chooses). I walked it two years ago with my friend Sarah in San Francisco and the year before with my friend Luisa in Washington DC.
I'm a true believer in cancer research as my mom is alive today after fighting the horrible cancer for over 24 years. Each new drug on the market keeps her with us longer and I pray they can come up finally with a cure. I have so much respect for my mom and her great "can do attitude" to live life and fight the cancer. She's such a wonderful mom and woman!

No comments:

It's a Beautiful Life

It's a Beautiful Life

Location of friends who read the Attebery Blog