Friday, June 28, 2013

Road trip to California

First Blog Post on our CA Road trip.
Driving for hours and hours and hours on a road trip isn't really my cup of tea. Seriously, I can't stand it.
However, for our first 8 hour leg of our journey, Lonny and I talked and talked and talked....Like girlfriends talking all night long. A lot about nothing........but one thing we did talk about was how fortunate I was on how my grandparents (my mothers parents) were so involved in my life.
I spent almost every Saturday with them. I loved Grandma's garden. They did a lot of canning, which I now envy. Grandma made awesome gooseberry pie, rhubarb pie and apple pie. Oh how I miss Grandma's pies.
Sophia was great for the first leg of our trip. Towards the end, she asked the question we were all squirming about:
"Are we there yet?"
She actually was great while on the trip to Reno








Her baby Ella spent a lot of time visiting us up front too




When we got to our hotel, Grand Sierra, we spent a lot of time at the pool. Then dinner at Charlie Palmer's where Sophia had to practice her best behavior. She taught Ella how important it was to have great behavior too.




Mommy, Daddy, and Sophia had a great time at dinner. (No she isn't asleep in this picture)




Fun first day if our family vacation!
Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

It's a Beautiful Life

It's a Beautiful Life

Location of friends who read the Attebery Blog