Sunday, June 23, 2013

Silver Lake Hike

Sophia was ready for our Saturday family hike to Silver Lake. This trail starts at Silver Flat Lake and heads up 2.2 miles to Silver Lake. It was a medium difficulty hike.




She hiked almost the entire way up the trail with no help!

1/3 way up the trail we found a female hiker to the side with her wounded German Shepard. The dog hurt his paws and legs. So, Lonny decided to carry the dog on his shoulders back to her car. While Sophia and I continued on our hike. He caught up to us later.




There were many beautiful wildflowers.







While we were all tired, the sweat was worth the prize of the pristine Silver Lake. We were so high up the mountain it felt like we could touch the top!



The scenery coming down was just as beautiful. The view was Mt. Timpanogos




Even when we got to our car we had another Lake to eye, Silver Flat Lake. Sophia walked about 1/2 of the way down herself. I think we have a little hiker in the family!


I am so excited as I just learned how to post to this blog via my iPhone.  So I think (hope) I'll update the blog more often.

Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

It's a Beautiful Life

It's a Beautiful Life

Location of friends who read the Attebery Blog