Sunday, February 26, 2012

Another Step to Settling Down

We did it!  We thought we wouldn't be able to buy for another 2 - 3 years after we left CA, but with Lonny's persistence we were able to close on a house.  It was an amazing opportunity.  It listed for $50 - $150K less than others in the neighborhood (that had no view and also needed updating).

Downside of the house...it was built in the late 80's and really hasn't been updated since.  The bones of the house are very sturdy and in fact seem much more sturdy than the new houses we bought in PA and CA.

Kitchen - stuck in 80's now gone!  Bare bones until the new kitchen is installed.  You can see the carpet samples on the counter.  That will be our new carpet.

Here's the family room.  Great view of the south valley and the mountains but the blue carpet and oak cabinets....GONE.

Master bath - love the layout - hate the pink carpet, oak, brass, and tile.  GONE!  Layout will be the same except the tub faucet will be on the opposite side so I can sit and look out the windows rather than into the shower.

Entrance  - okay does this say YUCK or what?  This wall paper was recently put up too.  Guess what...GONE.   Brass hanging light...GONE.   Pink carpet (that was throughout the house, GONE).

View from the deck - YEP - stays.  This was one of the reasons why we loved the house was the incredible 90 degree views.  My parents spoiled me when I grew up as we had a great view and now I either need views or water.  I'm hooked.  Oh, see through the rails of the deck is a swing set.  Or as Sophia says "I have a park in my backyard".

More to come.  We are targeted to move in at the end of April after the brass, pink carpet, oak cabinets, all wallpaper, and front door are replaced with updates. 

1 comment:

Krista said...

Congratulations! I can't wait to see the updates as the remodeling progresses. It already looks like an amazing house!

It's a Beautiful Life

It's a Beautiful Life

Location of friends who read the Attebery Blog