Sunday, August 16, 2009

Sunday


Thanks to Casie for giving me some links to change the blog background. It's so much fun! When I have more time I'll figure how to change fonts and add other fun stuff too.



Last week Lonny went on the 2nd annual family trip at Whiskeytown Lake somewhat close to Mt. Shasta. Sophia and I ended up not going.
I have been some extremely busy and stressed out at work I decided to stay home. I worked from home Friday, Saturday and Sunday. On Friday morning I went to the store to get all the food I'd need and locked myself in the house for 3 straight days catching up on necessities at work. I know...not a great work/life balance. I can tell you however that before I was almost paralyzed as I had so much going on at work. The 3 days of locking myself in the house did wonders for catching up and my mental well being. I feel sooooo much better.
Last Monday, Brian, my replacement at work started. YEAH! I'm so excited to be able to have him come lead the team so I can focus on my new responsibilities. Brian's been with our company for over 14 years so his experience will be wonderful for the role. Later on Monday I flew to Chicago until Wednesday night to gather with about 12 other people in our company to "strategize on where our company should be in 2020". It is a pretty intense special project but I am enjoying it.
Friday night a bunch of us from work (and their spouses, so Lonny came) went out for Mexican to let off some steam and have some nice time just hanging outside of the office. I think the team needed it (I sure did). Plus, we all enjoy each others spouses so it was fun seeing everyone.
Saturday, Lonny and I went out on a date. We went to dinner at Cafe Esin in Danville. Lonny and I really enjoy going out to dinner. We take our time enjoying some appetizers. We had tomatoes, olives, cheese, hummus, grape leaves, etc for our starter. Lonny had the pot roast (YUMMY!!!) and I had salmon. We decided not to go to the movies and instead when bar hopping. One of our stops was 1515 in Danville where they have the BEST Chocolate Chip Cookie with Vanilla Bean Ice cream dessert. YUMMY. I think there might be a picture somewhere on my blog where Lonny ate that dessert before and afterwards sucked up the melted ice cream with straw.
Today, Sunday I'm going to get my nails done and mainly hang out at home. A former work colleague and now friend of mine, Evan, is traveling here on business today. So I'll see him tonight and bring him by the house to see Lonny. Sophia will probably be a sleep by then.
This week Lonny starts his new job at RTI. He's pretty excited!!

No comments:

It's a Beautiful Life

It's a Beautiful Life

Location of friends who read the Attebery Blog