Sunday, November 2, 2008

US Half Marathon in SF


Lonny ran his 2nd Half Marathon this morning in San Francisco! I heard the course was tough from many runner a there were many hills (surprise!) and the roads were a little slick from rain the past 24 hours. He completed the race in 2 hr 5 minutes...pretty darn good!
The trail took him through the presidio then over Golden Gate Bridge and back. So he had beautiful scenery, but not sure he really cared about the scenery as he just wanted to complete the race.
The winner of the race was from Kenya (surprise again :)) who completed the race in 1 hour 2 minutes...can you believe that?
Awesome job babe!
As for me...I've been so tired lately. I feel pathetic as I get tired so easily. Yesterday we went to breakfast and then grocery shopping. When we got home I took an hour and a half nap. Later that day we went into the city to get his race bib and had dinner at The Cliff House (awesome scenery as it's right on the ocean). We took our time eating dinner but on our way home (40 minutes) I dozed off again. Today, when we got back from the race about 12 noon I took another hour and a half nap...and I could take another. The doctor told me to take some iron pills. I have been taking them for about 5 days and am not feeling like I have more energy. When I do sleep, Lonny says he can tell I'm in a very deep sleep. It's good sleep...the type that is hard to wake up from.
Sophia is kicking a lot today! She's probably excited her dad completed his 2nd Half Marathon!

1 comment:

The Kleins said...

Way to go Lonny! The hardest part of your pregnancy is upon you. I felt like a freaking bus trying to hobble around. My theory about the last month of pregnancy is that you get so uncomfortable that the worries about labor are go. You're thinking "labor? pain? Whatever! Bring it on! Anything to get this torture over with." Good luck. You can do it girl!

It's a Beautiful Life

It's a Beautiful Life

Location of friends who read the Attebery Blog