Thursday, January 21, 2010

Let's shed those pounds

Well, I've got the bug again to focus on my health. Hopefully it'll stick. I started on New Years day eating healthier focusing on eating fruits, vegetables, and protein. I'm staying away of sweets, starch, etc. I've lost 14 pounds so far.

My company is participating in a "Live Healthy American" campaign. We have 82 "teams" that are competing for a 100 day challenge where the teams can either have a goal to lose weight or to increase hours of working out. My team is focused on number of hours to work out. In addition, our local team has a "biggest loser" campaign that started yesterday for 12 weeks. The person who loses the most weight wins around $400. So I've signed up for both! YIKES...but I gotta do it!

So tonight Lonny moved the treadmill from the garage to the living room. For those of you who have been in my house you'll understand that there's not much room for a treadmill. However, I said to keep it in our living room until April (when the weather gets better). I walked on the treadmill tonight while watching TV. Loved it.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

so awesome! i need motivation and need to get back to eating healthy. good luck :)

It's a Beautiful Life

It's a Beautiful Life

Location of friends who read the Attebery Blog