Ah, Saturday morning. I woke up around 4:30 am - feeling well rested. So I went downstairs and hopped on my computer to do some work. I'm so glad that we got wireless at our house...it's one of those things that make me wonder how I survived before....(funny).
So, while I was online, I got 2 emails and 1 instant message from people that I work with (1 from Safeway, 1 from a supplier, and 1 from a person I work with). What does that say...everyone is overworked.
You know we (as a society) went through times of consolidating companies (still are going through that time), downsizing the workforce, creating new roles...etc...all to be more efficient. I think for the most part we are more efficient. However, everyone I talk to in my industry seems overworked. I know there must be many other industries that are feeling the same thing.
Anyway, today is a wonderful day. Why, because I'm home. I traveled Sunday - Wednesday last week. I'm traveling Sunday - Tuesday of this week. I can't wait until I don't travel. We're spending about 5 days in Utah over Christmas then coming home to spend about 5 days just at home - I need that. The first week of January I'm traveling for 4 days. I hope after first of February my travel schedule slows down considerably. It's really getting to me.
Back to today......
I plan on taking Sophia to her Gymboree Class. She enjoys it and I do too. Lonny's family is coming down from Nor Cal to spend the day/night to celebrate Christmas. So that'll be nice. Lonny is fixing Prime Rib...yummy. Can't wait.
Okay gotta go and spend time with Sophia as she's now up. I love spending time with her...it's the best.

No comments:
Post a Comment