
I've been given additional responsibilities at work as of this past Monday. I'll keep the perishable department responsibilities that I've had for a while but I will also be in charge of innovation for all departments for our company calling on Safeway. I'm not exactly sure what that will entail but I am pretty sure it will be focusing on the future and not for products that could/should launch in a year but what the consumer trends are for 2011/2012...etc. So it'll be a little like looking into the crystal ball and hoping your hunch through research is on target. Actually I think a lot of the role will be to ensure there is a process in place to allow for creativity and innovative ideas to come from anyone. So I'll be hiring for someone to replace me to have day to day leadership in perishables.
Sophia is doing better about hanging out on her tummy. You can see in this picture that she has a pretty strong neck. She likes to smile, giggle, and talk. She's way fun in the morning after she's gotten all of her rest. I get home at night and don't have a lot of time to play with her until she wants to sleep for the night around 7:30 pm or 8 pm. Sometimes I just try to keep her up as much as possible for selfish reasons. When I'm away from her and I see or hear babies I just want to run over to them and hug them as much as possible. OOOOHHH I just love babies!
Lonny and I are having a babysitter for the first time tonight so we can go out to dinner and probably to a movie (yeah...living it up on the town!!). Okay, get this....I was mentioning to Lonny that we should find a babysitter so we can go out some weekends and for back up to our daycare. He really liked that idea and immediately looked for a babysitter on www.craigslist.com. First I thought...scary...finding a babysitter on craig's list. BUT, we found a woman (wife/mother) around our age that lives about 2 miles from us. She's certified in infant CPR and is a professional babysitter. She's a stay at home mom and this what she does for her job. Her and her husband moved to CA about 2 years ago after relocating with his company over the years (we can relate to relocating). So we interviewed her at Starbuck's then I went to her house to see how she lives (that can tell a lot). They live in a nice house and I can tell she's pretty particular. She has a 2 and 5 year old boys. She gave us references so Lonny checked them and they give her kudo's....which leads me to the next story.
I was also telling Lonny it'd be nice if we had friends who had babies. Most of our friends either don't have kids (so it's obvious they feel uncomfortable around Sophia) or they do have kids but are older, etc. So, what does Lonny do???? For those of you who know "Mayor Lonny"...you'll get a kick out of this one.
When he was following up on the references one of the families has 1 son who is 3 days younger than Sophia. This family lives about 5 miles from us. So he got talking to them and exchanged e-mails, blogs, etc....and what do ya know...we're going to meet them over breakfast tomorrow! SO in a way it's like www.craigslist.com find a family with a baby to be our friends ".COM". Sorry if they are reading this blog, it's all in humor! Actually, I am excited to have breakfast. It will be good to meet someone who has a baby Sophia's age...even if it does turn out to be just breakfast and nothing else.
Well not much else is new. I'll be traveling on business May 12 -15th in Stamford, CT. I will then meet up with Luisa for a few days. Lonny is being so sweet and understanding that I'll be away for a while. It'll be hard to be away from Sophia but Luisa needs me. She's one of my best buddies!
I'll write more later

1 comment:
Sounds like you're settling in to parenthood well. Congrats on the new job responsibilities too!
Post a Comment