Well we know that we'll be moving from Northern California soon so I have a "bucket list" of things I want to do before we move. One was visit Napa wineries. We could spend all year long visiting wineries in Napa/Sonoma area there are so many. It's so beautiful this time of year as the weather changes and harvest is at its peak. We're at Cliff Lede (www.cliffledevineyards.com). I enjoyed their 2009 Cauvignon Blanc. I typically don't like Cauvignon Blanc's but this one was delicious. We bought a bottle. The owner has many different "lots" of land that he's named after his favorite songs such as "It's a Beautiful Day", etc. My favorite wine that we tasted today was from Baldacci's (www.baldaccivineyards.com). They are located in the Stag's Leap District. What I didn't know, until today, is that there are many different growing districts throughout Napa. The districts have be scientifically tested to have differentiations of varieties, etc. Who would have thought???? I really liked their IV Brothers Cab. We bought a few bottles here. They recommended Cliff Lede to us as well as the winery below. Great people and great wine at Baldacci's.
Goose Crossing was another nice winery. I wasn't as keen on their wine as others but enjoyed the visit. They can do special etched wine bottles that say "Happy Birthday, Happy Anniversary", etc. that's be great for gifts. They also do gift sets where the wine bottle is completed enrobed in chocolate. You're supposed to chip off the chocolate to eat/enjoy while sipping a robust cab or other red wine varieties. Lonny and I are in their tasting room which is where they have their wine barrels. The below picture are their vines outside of their wine tasting room.


No comments:
Post a Comment