Monday, September 6, 2010

At the island in August











During the visit in August I took Gary and Jennifer to Ritter Island. Ritter Island is now owned by the Nature's Conservatory but was once owned by Judge Ritter (he was a judge in Utah). The island is located along the Snake River in Hagerman Idaho. My brother and I spent a lot of time on the island during our childhood as my grandparents were good friends of the Judge. They were the ground keepers. So we helped them water and mow the lawns and pick the fruit. Many nights we'd fish for the best rainbow trout! Yummy. I swam a lot in the creek. Legend has it that he judge offered my grandpa some property on the island but my grandpa was too humble to accept it (darn it grandpa....your grandchildren and great grandchildren would have really enjoyed it!). It's a place near and dear to my heart.

No comments:

It's a Beautiful Life

It's a Beautiful Life

Location of friends who read the Attebery Blog